"Crime Doesn't Pay" is a level 18 quest.
Requires: 1 Garlic Baked Potato (requires Farming level 8 and Cooking level 8 to make from scratch; may instead be bought from other players).
- Search around the Crimson Macabre Stronghold for a disguise. You can find one near the shore north of Northam Harbor. You can return here to find another disguise. Put on the disguise.
- Investigate the Stronghold and talk to the prisoner.
- Get a drink of water for the prisoner. You can find a Crimson Mug on the tables outside the kitchen. Fill it by right clicking on the bucket of water in the kitchen itself. Give the water to the prisoner
- Get a Garlic Baked Potato and give it to the prisoner; he then tells you about the hijack plan
- Go onto the Sydelle II in Northam Harbor. Talk to the sailor.
- Return to the Chief Racketeer and tell him about the plot
- Report to General Sterling in the Eldevin Barracks. He gives you a fake letter of confession
- Plant the letter in the sleeping quarters of the Crimson Macabre Stronghold
- Return to the Chief Racketeer
Rewards: Each stage rewards 6743 XP.